Most New Yorkers spent their Summer or getaways in the Hamptons. Its such a highly desirable spot to be on the weekend enjoying sun on the white sand beaches, hanging in fashionable cafes with good looking crowd and chilling… You can be in this “paradise” just in 2-3hrs driving away from NYC. I have to admit it has been changing and evolving there for the past 20 years since I started going there myself. There are so many cool places to go for lunch, dinner, beach or longing with your friends, family or meet some cool strangers. Since you are a hip gal you must always be prepared to look trendy even on the beach while you’re at it. You want to stand out and be a trendsetter and not blend in with the other crowds on the beach.
By bringing these 7 essentials this summer vacation, I can assure you that you will have the successful and stress free time that you have been waiting for.
- Something to cover your head- Large sunglasses and a floppy straw hat are a MUST when heading to the beach for the day. Not only are you wearing them because its fashionable (duh) but you also need it to cover your face with the hot sun beaming on your skin (and no wrinkles). No one likes getting burnt on the first day of his or her vacation, talk about a bummer. You wear your face every day so you need to protect it!
- Entertainment: Reading a good book like Tony Robbins Money Master on the beach or on your way in the Hampton Jitney Bus could be a great way to learn how to budget your vacation and invest for the future. Is a page turner and despite 600+ pages you will be devoting it in no time. Or you can go to Shirley MacLaine fantasy and metaphysics world with her best selling incredible book “Out on a limb”
- Oversize towel or scarf: Lay on a very colorful bright scarf with a hip design. You will be standing out simply because of color boldness, and summer prints. This is your new staple to vacation packing! Try one from Boutiqueon57
4. Relaxed Style: Keep your style casual and cool with a fabulous cover up at the pool and your favorite sundress for at nighttime. Choose a warm color like yellow that will bring out your gorgeous tan and will also make you light up the room. Let your hair go natural and get the beach waves everyone loves. I recently got this look from my favorite hair salon in NY L’Appartement on 5 East 57th street 7th FL
- Snacks: We all know we can’t make it through the day without a pick-me-up snack. Rawmantic chocolate energy bars are the perfect go-to energizer. The bar is made of all raw ingredients, making the bar dairy free, gluten free, soy free, and barely any sugar. The bars come in vanilla, dark chocolate, and vegan. I could eat them ALL day.
- Something to carry all your items in: A woven chic tote from Kaya is a perfect beach bag to travel around. The bigger the better! Who doesn’t love a huge tote bag? You can fit everything you need and more in a huge bag like this. Look for one with colored tassels on the side and you are good to go!
- A light jacket: The beach can get breezy at times, so its important that you bring a jacket with you so you aren’t out of luck when you start getting the ocean chills. Ditch the zip up and get CHANEL reversible light weight blazer that its casual smart and easy to travel around. Don’t forget about the cold air conditioning inside too!
Happy travels- Relax in style!
P.S. As always i would like to hear from you how do you prepare for the summer? What’s your essentials? Share your comments, tips, and suggestions with the rest of us.