As a health educator and a fitness fan, I have always loved sports. What better way to get in shape and stay healthy then by doing something that feels nothing like a workout? Getting your friends together to hit, throw or kick a ball around while you boost morale and confidence by cheering on those closest to you is one of the best ways to stay fit and lift your spirit. And healthy competition is always fun right? That is why as American’s it is no surprise that we can’t resist inviting all of our friends over, cooking up a storm and turning on the television for the big, annual game. You know the one. The Super Bowl!
Since you won’t find most of us on the field, the Super Bowl isn’t exactly a workout. But whether you follow the sport, place a bet for a little friendly competition or just enjoy the gathering of good food and friends we can all agree on one thing, we cannot wait for the commercials. Yeah, those things we pay money for to fast forward on the daily, well we actually want to see those now. So incase you happened to miss any while you were entertaining what felt like the Patriot’s entire defensive line, here are a few you must see:
1. My favorite ad without a doubt this year is the Budweiser’s Best Buds. It should come as no surprise, seeing as Budweiser comes up with an ad to pull at our heartstrings each and every year. The Clydesdales. The puppy. I have to fight my tears back every single time. Good luck fighting yours while you watch this one.
2. Go Daddy. No, I’m not referring to the sacrificing business owner. I’m referring to the adorable puppy commercial they originally planned to air, just not the last five seconds. Buddy, who looks like the he might be the same pup who starred in the Budweiser ad, is absolutely adorable and Go Daddy is absolutely horrible for creating an ad that received a lot of negative attention and discussion on animal cruelty. Sorry Go Daddy, I won’t be “raising a chip, with some dip on it to you,” but I do think Buddy deserves to shine so click below to watch both ads.
3. Bud Light. Okay, this ad was far from genius, but the idea of a real life pac man sure is and who wouldn’t want to play. For that reason alone you have to check it out. Be warned, it might ignite a childish desire to go laser tagging, or something of the sort.
4. Toyota. As someone who loves any and all types of inspiration and motivation, sharing the Amy Purdy and Muhammad Ali montage seems appropriate. Although I wasn’t exactly inspired to buy a car from you Toyota, you sure make me want to head out for a nice long run. And Amy Purdy is quite the role model. Attention all, if she can do it, so can you!
5. Last but not least, I feel the need to share the Like A Girl spot done by Always. There were a lot of great messages presented through touching ads this year but as a woman and role model, I find this a very important message to all girls. Throwing like a girl isn’t bad or weak because girls are strong and unstoppable. So I agree Always, it is time to rewrite the rules. Watch the full ad not shown on TV below.
Now you tell me, what were your favorite 2015 Super Bowl commercials?